So Many activities during your Montana Ranch Vacation
- Fantastic horseback riding through still pristine wilderness, high mountain tops or a day on the open prairie; our terrain is diverse and stunning. Morning, afternoon or all day rides, or work with a wrangler in the arena. Suited to all experience levels.
- Fly-fishing with instruction begins on our stocked trout pond, then move to the Sun River, or plan an all-day adventure to the Bob Marshall Wilderness via horseback. Fishing is optimal late June to early August.
- Guided or self-guided hiking, simple mountain climbing to Mortimer Peak – look for wildlife.
- Outstanding Kid’s program – boredom is not an issue!
- Trap shooting – trade your horse in for a shotgun and work on your aim. Participants using shotguns, will attempt to shoot clay targets flung into the air before they hit the ground. (minimum age to participate is 12).
- Archery – we’ll teach you how to use a bow and hit a target.
- Team cattle penning – join your team to try to separate “your cows” it’s not as easy as it looks!
- Roping – learn how to swing a rope.
- Spend time in the arena with a Wrangler working on horsemanship skills.
- Non-technical mountain climbing to Mortimer Peak. Early in the summer, take a boat ride up Gibson Lake.
- Swim in the lake, soak and relax in the hot tub amongst mountain beauty.
- Wildlife watching, wildflowers, mountain birding.
- Evening campfires, story telling, song, and dance.
- Horseshoes, volleyball, basketball, corn hole or kick back and relax with a good book in a lounge chair on the deck.
Whatever you choose at this Montana dude ranch, you’ll enjoy each day at the Triple J. Daylight lasts until bedtime in the summer which allows evenings to inspire campfires with song, cowboy poetry and tall-tale telling! Or you may enjoy a local naturalists’ show, card games, dancing or just relaxing and reminiscing about the days’ activities.